This Honey Garlic Chicken is smothered in a succulent sauce. It is easy to make and includes ingredients that are most likely already in your kitchen.
Do you love easy dishes?
What about dinners with minimal ingredients?
This Honey Garlic chicken is giving you all the above. Our family loves this flavorful dish. I mean, what is not to love about juicy, meaty chicken thighs drenched in a delicious sauce.
First, I pan seared the chicken thighs with my handy dandy cast iron skillet. I just love the crisp beautiful sear that this skillet makes on any meat. As the chicken is searing I whipped up the sauce.
Once the chicken was finished searing on both sides, I poured the sauce on the chicken and popped this badboy in the oven for a few minutes.
That was it!
That was it! You can serve this dish with some rice and vegetables or whatever your family prefers. Then dig on in, but please make sure you drizzle the chicken with some sauce. A little bit of a drizzle never hurt nobody 😉
You can use this sauce on other meats if you like.
Tools /Ingredients I used to make the Honey Garlic Chicken:
Remember to subscribe to Domestic Dee Digest for the latest notifications delivered to your inbox!
If you try a recipe, hashtag #domesticdee on INSTAGRAM. Follow Domestic Dee on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of the latest content, recipes, and updates.
- 5-6 bone-in chicken thighs, with skin
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, to season
- 2 teaspoons onion powder, to season
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, and garlic.
- In a small bowl combine the chicken broth and cornstarch.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the honey garlic sauce.
- Heat a cast iron skilletover medium-high heat; sear chicken thighs for 3 minutes skin side down. Then flip them over and sear on the other side for 3 minutes. Flip chicken over where it is skin side up in the pan.
- Drain the excess oil from the pan, leaving only 2 tablespoons.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Cook sauce about 2 minutes.
- Place the cast iron skillet in the oven to bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, unto the chicken is cooked and no longer pink.
- Serve over rice.
DON'T MISS OUT!
Join Our Community for Exclusive Updates and a FREE Recipe Card Delivered Straight To Your Inbox