This easy jambalaya recipe is a classic dish of Louisiana. It contains turkey smoked sausage, shrimp, and rice with a ton of flavor all while still being an easy jambalaya recipe to make for your family.
- 1 pack of yellow rice 5 oz
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ onion chopped
- ½ green pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced ( equaled 1 teaspoon)
- 1 pack of turkey smoked sausage sliced
- 1 small can of tomato sauce 6 oz
- 1 lb. raw shrimp tails off
- 1½ teaspoon Creole seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste if needed
Cook rice according to packaging directions.
In a large skillet saute onion, pepper, and garlic in oil for about 2 minutes on medium heat.
Add sausage and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add cooked rice and stir in tomato sauce.
Cook about 15-20 minutes until the mixture is firm.
Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 5 minutes.