These mini fried peach pies are crispy, flaky and delicious. They are filled with a cinnamon peach filling then fried to perfection.
Do you love potlucks?
I know I do.
It’s that time of year again for the Black History Month Virtual Potluck! Can you believe it has been a year already! If you missed last year, don’t worry you can check it out here!
Time sure does fly! It seems like yesterday we were just coming together with great food!
Well, once again we have an array of amazing and talented people who are bringing amazing food to the potluck!
We have Smothered Turkey Wings!
Fried Peach Pies!
Mac and Cheese!
You name it, someone has got it covered. It is truly a treat to have all these wonderful dishes in celebration of Black History Month.
This year I am bringing Fried Peach Pies.
To jump-start Black History Month, 28 amazing and very talented bloggers have teamed up to bring you a Black History Month Virtual Potluck.
28 food bloggers from around the globe have come together to share some of their favorite potluck recipes.
So make sure to check out and try some of the other amazing recipes from our participating bloggers down below.
BLACK HISTORY MONTH VIRTUAL POTLUCK
28 recipes from the best black food bloggers from around the web:
Beautiful Eats & Things | Turkey Sausage Stuffed Collard Green Wraps
Better With Biscuits | Corn Pudding
Meiko and The Dish | Canied Bourbon Peach Cobbler
Savory Spicerack | Creamy Fish Stew
Chef Kenneth | Fried Sweet Potato Hand Pie
The Hungry Hutch | Orange Bundt Cake with Vanilla Glaze
Food Fidelity | Mofongo Relleno
Brandi’s Dairy Better | Than Jiffy Cornbread from Scratch
Chocolate for Basil | Pilau and Kachumbari (Spiced Rice with Pico)
Cooks With Soul | Braised Short Rib Meatloaf
The Kitchenista Diaries | Smothered Turkey Wings
My Life Runs On Food | Lentil Soup and Roast Okra
D.M.R. Fine Foods |Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding with Maple Glaze
Dash of Jazz |Nigerian Jollof Rice
Domestic Dee |Fried Peach Hand Pies
Eat.Drink.Frolic. |Olive Oil Braised Collard Greens
Food is Love Made Edible |Buttermilk Biscuits with Fried Chicken and Tabasco Honey
High Heels and Good Meals |Crawfish Etouffee
HomeMadeZagat |Shrimp with Spicy Curry Cream Sauce
Houston Food Fetish |Sweet Almond Tea Cakes
In the Kitchen w/Kmarie |Pineapple Lemonade
Marisa Moore Nutrition |Bourbon Peach Glazed Salmon
Orchids + Sweet Tea |Carrot and Zucchini Noodles Stir Fry with Shrimp
Raised on Ramen |Orange Glazed Brussels Sprouts
Simply LaKita |Blackberry Cobbler
The Seasoning Bottle |Honey Turmeric Skillet Chick
Remember to subscribe to Domestic Dee Digest for the latest notifications delivered to your inbox!
If you make one of these recipes, hashtag #domesticdee on INSTAGRAM. Follow Domestic Dee on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of the latest content, recipes, and updates.
- Pie Crust
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup of butter (1 stick), grated
- ½ cup of water, cold
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted, and diced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup canola oil
- Pie Crust:
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add butter and coat flour until tiny bits of butter is incorporated throughout the flour.
- Add vinegar to water.
- Add water to flour mixture until the dough comes together.
- Set mixture in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour and water.
- In a medium-sized heavy skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add peaches and stir.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over peaches and stir.
- Add flour/water mixture(slurry) and stir.
- Cover and cook about 7 minutes until tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In batches roll out dough to ⅛ inch thick cut out thirteen or fourteen 4 inch circles. Place about a tablespoon of the cooled filling a little of center on the circle. Fold over the dough then crimp with a fork. Repeat until done.
- In a large sided skillet, heat about one inch of oil over medium-high heat. In batches making sure not to overcrowd the skillet fry pies until they are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Place on a plate lined with 2 paper towels.
What dish do you take to potlucks? Let me know in the comments below.
DON'T MISS OUT!
Join Our Community for Exclusive Updates and a FREE Recipe Card Delivered Straight To Your Inbox