This tangy, tender, and juicy Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken is the perfect quick weeknight meal. You only need a handful of pantry staples to make this recipe.
This instant pot BBQ chicken recipe is easy and quick to come together. Your family is definitely going to love this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
This recipe is a family favorite. I love that my whole family enjoys this recipe since it’s great for busy nights.
The pulled BBQ chicken comes together so quickly and is still packed with so much flavor.
If your family loves BBQ you need to make this recipe for your family.
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Ingredients
The ingredients for this Instant Pot BBQ chicken in instant pot recipe are simple.
You probably already have most of these in your home already. The ingredients include the following:
Your favorite BBQ sauce
How To Make Pulled BBQ Chicken In The Instant Pot?
If you are interested in trying this delicious instant pot pulled chicken, the steps to do so are quite simple.
The steps that you need to take for this recipe include the following:
Season your chicken.
Sear it on the saute or brown setting on your pressure cooker.
Remove your chicken, then add your onions. Saute your onions for 2 minutes then add garlic. Saute for a minute.
Add your chicken back into your pot.
Add your BBQ sauce mixture.
Set the pressure cooker to High for 8 minutes.
When the pressure cooker is done use the quick release.
Remove chicken and shred.
Mix it back in the sauce. Then serve and enjoy.
How Do I Shred The BBQ Chicken?
I like to use two forks to shred the chicken. I have also used an electric mixer. If you use a mixer, use the lowest setting and watch carefully. If you have it too high it will turn mushy.
How To Store The BBQ Pulled Chicken?
You can store the pulled bbq chicken in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This recipe can also be frozen in a Ziploc bag for up to 6 months.
Can I Use Chicken Breast Instead Of Thighs?
Yes, you can use boneless skinless chicken breasts in this recipe. The cooking time will be 2 minutes longer, so instead of 8 minutes, the recipe will need to be cooked for 10 minutes.
How To Serve This Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken Recipe?
This recipe is best served on fresh brioche buns topped with coleslaw. The pulled chicken is also delicious in tacos.
What Pressure Cooker did you use?
For this recipe, I used my 6 quart, Fagor LUX Multi-Cooker Electric Pressure Cooker. I also own the 6 quart, Instant Pot 6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker. I use both for cooking.
More Dinner Recipes you’ll enjoy:
Remember to subscribe to Domestic Dee Digest for the latest notifications delivered to your inbox!
If you make one of these recipes, hashtag #domesticdee on INSTAGRAM.
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Follow Domestic Dee on INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of the latest content, recipes, and updates.
If you love BBQ, you will also love my Cast Iron Skillet BBQ Chicken recipe.
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken
- Pressure Cooker
BBQ Pulled Chicken
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 Lbs of boneless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon of chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 cup of onions diced (1 small onion)
- 1 tablespoon of garlic paste
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
- 14 oz. coleslaw mix
- ¼ cup of extra virgin oil
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- Combine all coleslaw ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat the pressure cooker using the saute/brown button.
- Season chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, sweet parika, chilli powder, and pepper.
- Mix BBQ sauce, brown sugar, and worcestershire sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
- Sear chicken in batches until browned on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add olive oil. Add onion and garlic to the pressure cooker and cook for until tender, about 2 minutes. Add chicken and bbq sauce mixture to the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook on HIGH for 8 minutes.
- Reduce the pressure using the QUICK-RELEASE method.
- Remove the lid carefully.
- Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Using two forks shred chicken.
- Place the chicken on the broice bun and top with coleslaw if you desire.
DON'T MISS OUT!
Join Our Community for Exclusive Updates and a FREE Recipe Card Delivered Straight To Your Inbox