This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidaysWithSaraLee
I love the holidays! Spending time with family and enjoying delicious food based on family traditions is exactly what I enjoy looking forward to. After indulging in delicious food with family and friends there is always a bunch of leftovers.
I love revamping the holiday dishes into another creation.
Today, I’m sharing a recipe on how you can take your holiday leftovers and turn them into a delicious sandwich.
Yep, that’s right. A sandwich using holiday leftovers and transforming them into a delicious panini.
And that’s not it, you only need a few ingredients to make what I call a Turkey Cranberry Panini Sandwich made with Sara Lee® Delightful™ White Made with Whole Grain Bread that you can get at Walmart. Right now you can earn $.65 cash back on Sara Lee® Delightful™ White Made with Whole Grain Bread
WHAT IS A TURKEY CRANBERRY PANINI SANDWICH?
This panini is a classic sandwich made with Sara Lee® Delightful™ White Made with Whole Grain Bread usually served warmed by grilling or toasting. This bread has 8 grams of whole grains per 2 slice serving and is high in fiber.
HOW TO MAKE A TURKEY CRANBERRY PANINI SANDWICH?
This Turkey Cranberry Panini is a quick and easy sandwich to make using your leftovers even though it is grilled.
SARA LEE® DELIGHTFUL™ WHITE MADE WITH WHOLE GRAIN BREAD
A panini is not a panini if you don’t have bread. I use Sara Lee® Delightful™ White Made with Whole Grain Bread it’s made without high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, or artificial flavors and is an excellent source of fiber. With 45 calories per slice (serving size 2 slices 90 calories) and 6 grams of net carbs per slice (12 net carbs per 2 slice serving) it’s a great choice.
I love how their bread has a great taste that my whole family enjoys which is why I use it in this recipe.
The first leftover ingredient in this recipe is sliced turkey. It is perfect to use for sandwiches the next day.
The leftover cranberry sauce is used to spread on the sandwich making this sandwich delicious and juicy.
For this sandwich, I used sliced gouda. I love the flavor of gouda on panini sandwiches. You don’t have to use gouda. You can use your favorite cheese.
That is also the thing I love about this Turkey Cranberry Panini is that you can customize it the way you like.
TURKEY CRANBERRY PANINI SANDWICH TIPS
-Put cheese on both sides of the bread to get a gooey sandwich.
-Use softened butter it is easier to spread on the bread.
-Make sure to spread the cranberry sauce evenly to ensure sure you get some in every bite.
Make sure to let me know if you try this recipe with your holiday leftovers and tell me what you think.
Turkey Cranberry Panini Sandwich
- Sara Lee® Delightful™ White Made with Whole Grain Bread 2 slices per sandwich
- Softened butter 2 tablespoon per sandwich
- Cranberry sauce 2 tablespoons per sandwich
- Gouda cheese 2 slices per sandwich
- Sliced leftover turkey
- Butter one side of each slice of the Sara Lee® Delightful™ White Made with Whole Grain Bread,
- Spread cranberry sauce on the other sides.
- Place one slice of the Sara Lee® Delightful™ White Made with Whole Grain Bread in the pan with buttered side down.
- Top with gouda cheese.
- Put the sliced turkey on then another slice of cheese.
- Place the other slice of Sara Lee® Delightful™ White Made with Whole Grain Bread with buttered side up.
- Grill until golden brown, or desired crispness on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.