This homemade Air Fryer Crab Cake made in the air fryer is loaded with jumbo and lump crab meat. This crab cake recipe has the perfect amount of filler to bind the crab meat together and is seasoned to perfection. This air fryer recipe comes together in just 30 minutes, with minimal prep time!
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
These delicious tender air fryer crab cakes are loaded with crab meat and little filler. These are easy and will be a favorite in your home.
If you love crab cakes, you are going to love this delicious and easy air fryer recipe.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
We have lots of types of readers – those who want to get straight to the recipe, and those who need more information to feel more comfortable in the kitchen.
To better serve all readers, feel free to skip to the bottom of this post for the recipe.
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES INGREDIENTS
Lump and Jumbo Crab Meat
Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together egg, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, Old Bay, pepper, and parsley.
Gently fold in the crab meat and cracker crumbs until just combined.
Shape the crab cakes into 5 patties( 4 ounces each). Spray the air fryer basket or rack.
Place the crab cakes in the air fryer basket in a single layer, without overcrowding, and cook at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, until browned and the centers read 160 to 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. (Depending on the size of your air fryer, you might need to cook them in batches.)
For the dipping sauce combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Serve and enjoy with dipping sauce.
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST CRAB CAKES
Just making this recipe as mentioned above will turn out perfectly. However, there are some air fryer crab cakes tips to make this recipe turn out even better.
The tips that you may want to use include the following:
Preheat your air fryer before putting the crab cakes in
Spray the basket so the crab cakes don’t stick
Use a digital thermometer
Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket
Following these tips will certainly help to ensure you have flavorful, moist, and juicy crab cakes when finished. With these tips, your friends and family will want to come over for dinner all the time.
WHAT TYPE OF AIR FRYER WAS USED FOR THIS RECIPE?
I used my NuWave Brio 14-qt. Digital Air Fryer Oven. I like how it has a lot of space and it heats up super fast.
HOW DO I REHEAT CRAB CAKES IN THE AIR FRYER?
In order to reheat these air fryer crab cakes, you would just preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees. Place the crab cakes in the air fryer and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until they are warmed.
TOOLS USED FOR THIS AIR FRYER RECIPE:
Remember to subscribe to Domestic Dee Digest for the latest notifications delivered to your inbox!
If you make one of these recipes, hashtag #domesticdee on INSTAGRAM.
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Follow Domestic Dee on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of the latest content, recipes, and updates.
Air Fryer Crab Cakes
- Air Fryer
Crab Cake Ingredients
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup finely crushed Ritz crackers about 10 crackers
- 8 oz lump crab meat fresh or refrigerated-pasteurized, drained and picked over for shells/cartilage
- 8 oz jumbo crab meat fresh or refrigerated-pasteurized, drained and picked over for shells/cartilage
- oil cooking spray canola or olive oil
- ¼ cup Thai sweet chili
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- lemon wedges and your favorite dipping sauce for serving
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, Old Bay, parsley, pepper, and egg.
- Gently fold in the cracker crumbs and then the crab meat until just combined.
- Shape the crab cakes into 5 patties( about 4 oz each). I like to use a scale for even portions.
- Place the crab cakes in the air fryer basket in a single layer, without overcrowding, and cook at 375 degrees F for 12-15 minutes, until browned and the centers read 160 to 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. (Depending on the size of your air fryer, you might need to cook them in batches.)
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges and the dipping sauce.