This is a sponsored post on behalf of Pepperidge Farm. All content and opinions are 100% my own.Thank you, as always, for supporting the brands that help Domestic Dee. #pepperidgefarm #ad #insipiredbypuff
You’ll fall in love with this easy breakfast braid recipe! It is filled with cheese and sausage oozing from the middle of a golden brown Puff Pastry! This easy Turkey Sausage and Egg Breakfast Braid will be a wonderful hit at your holiday breakfast or brunch.
The holiday season is slowly approaching. The kids are getting excited. Families are planning their holiday events.
And life starts to get a bit busy and chaotic.
That is why I love Puff Pastry for entertaining. If you have been following the blog or my Instagram then you know I love using Puff Pastry to save time to create “wow-worthy” recipes for friends and family.
If you plan on having a family breakfast or brunch, this Turkey Sausage and Egg Breakfast Braid is a must. It is delicious, quick, and easy. It will save you time so you can spend time creating special moments with your family. The perfect dish for a family breakfast or a holiday brunch with family and friends gathered together.
There is nothing not to love about this Turkey Sausage and Egg Breakfast Braid. You can make it with pretty much anything you have in your refrigerator and it will come out decadent. To make this meal quick and easy I only used turkey sausage and eggs.You can add colorful peppers, onions, or whatever your heart desires. The choices are endless and totally up to your liking.
If you make a recipe make sure you hashtag #inspiredbypuff and #domesticdee so I won’t miss what you made. ?
- 1 package of Puff Pastry
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. turkey sausage, chopped
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- ¼ tsp. seasoning salt
- ⅛ pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten with 1 tsp. of water added
- kosher salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Unroll Puff Pastry onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; roll into a rectangle. Lay the pastry on the parchment paper. Make about 2-inch-long cuts about 1 inch apart on both sides of Puff Pastry to filling using a sharp knife.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and seasonings together in a bowl.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage; cook 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove sausage and put it on a plate.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil stir in eggs and cook for about 2 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat and place on a plate.
- Sprinkle ⅛ cup of cheese lengthwise down center of Puff Pastry, leaving about a 1-inch border on each side. Spoon sausage then eggs evenly over cheese. Top mixture with ⅛ cup of cheese.
- Fold up the bottom. Arrange strips over filling, alternating strips diagonally over filling. Press ends under to seal or fold and tuck the ends under the bottom.
- Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut crosswise into slices and serve.